[Koha] Sample data (acquisitions/circulation) for testing Koha analytics

Katrin Fischer katrin.fischer.83 at web.de
Mon Apr 17 03:59:00 NZST 2023

Hi Anna,

I am not sure if you had any replies off-list.

The sandboxes and the dev environment have some sample data, but
unfortunately no sample circulation transactions and no useful
acquisition data. Maybe another library could help, but data would need
to be carefully anonymized.

For testing acq data you'll need at least one or more vendors, baskets,
orders etc. For circulation items and borrowers for any checkouts,
renewals and such. It's all perfectly doable for migrations, but you'll
need to add the data directly to the database. So it usually requires
some programming.

Maybe a script could be written to create random data too, but I am not
aware of an existing one.

Sorry to not be more helpful, I hope your testing goes well!

Katrin