[Koha] Koha Digest, Vol 199, Issue 4

Charles Kelley cmkelleymls at gmail.com
Sat May 7 15:02:41 NZST 2022

Good morning, all!

    No, not quite. The mistake is understandable. I struggled how to
explain it myself and had to settle on this convolution.

    I used to be systems librarian for Innovative Interfaces' InnoPAC (III)
and later Sierra ILS. III required that check-in boxes for serials be set
up before the issues be checked in. Since this was a tedious task, III
eventually amended the ILS to let us set up multiple check-in boxes (called
extrapolation) in one sitting. Once the boxes were set up, we could check
in multiple boxes in one sitting.

    I've been looking for an analogous operation in Koha, but I have been
unable to see one. The multi-receive allows for checking in, marking late,
etc. multiple check-in boxes in one sitting, but it does not for setting up
the check-in boxes initially before the issues are checked in.

    Unless there is something I don't know. Does anyone have an idea?

    In my original exchange, on 6 May 2022 at 13:24 [JST], I wrote:

Can a library set up more than one check-in box at a time? I am retroactively
> creating the serials module to my library's serial subscriptions. Must I
> enter the issues one at a time? Or can I enter a group of check-in boxes
> based on the prediction?

    In our latest exchange, on 6 May 2022 at 14:02 [JST], Owen Leonard
wrote:

I think what you're talking about is called "Multi receiving" in Koha. From
> the details of your subscription you would go to "Receive," then
> "Multi-receiving."

    Many thanks.

--

    よろしくお願いします。

    -- Charles.

    Charles Kelley, MLS
    PSC 704 Box 1029
    APO AP 96338

    Charles Kelley
    Tsukimino 1-Chome 5-2
    Tsukimino Gaadenia #210
    Yamato-shi, Kanagawa-ken
    〒242-0002 JAPAN

    +1-301-741-7122 [US cell]
    +81-80-4356-2178 [JPN cell]

    mnogojazyk at aol.com [h]
    cmkelleymls at gmail.com [p]

    linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls <http://www.linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls>
    Meeting Your Information Needs. Virtually.