[Koha] Forgiving all overdue fines

Charles Kelley cmkelleymls at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 15:16:59 NZDT 2022

Hello, Raymund!

    In a recent exchange, on 24 Mch. 2022 at 08:00 [JST], I read the
following from you through the Koha Discussion Group.

We did exactly the same thing. We decided to wipe all fines (not cocts of
> replacements) accrued since 14th December 2019. We had PTFS Europe (our
> support company) do this. They ran this little SQL:

SELECT accountlines_id, date, accounttype, payment_type, amountoutstanding
> FROM accountlines
> WHERE date > '2019-12-14'
> AND accounttype IN ('F','FU')
> AND amountoutstanding > 0
>
> The support analyst said: "This finds 5129 bills. If you are happy for
> these to be deleted, let me know".
>
> I did, and they were gone in an instant.

    I'm curious: You didn't have to make a SQL statement like this:

UPDATE accountlines
>     SET amountoutstanding = 0
>     WHERE date > '2019-12-14' AND accounttype IN ('F', 'FU') AND
> amountoutstanding > 0;

    Does the Koha report processor accept UPDATE clauses or do you know?

    Of course, if you want for posterity a report of forgiven fines before
they are forgiven, you probably would want run the SELECT SQL statement
above.

--

    よろしくお願いします。

    -- Charles.

    Charles Kelley, MLS
    PSC 704 Box 1029
    APO AP 96338

    Charles Kelley
    Tsukimino 1-Chome 5-2
    Tsukimino Gaadenia #210
    Yamato-shi, Kanagawa-ken
    〒242-0002 JAPAN

    +1-301-741-7122 [US cell]
    +81-80-4356-2178 [JPN cell]

    mnogojazyk at aol.com [h]
    cmkelleymls at gmail.com [p]

    linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls <http://www.linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls>
    Meeting Your Information Needs. Virtually.