[Koha] Forgiving all overdue fines

Raymund Delahunty r.delahunty at arts.ac.uk
Wed Mar 23 22:44:59 NZDT 2022

Hello Stephen-
We did exactly the same thing. We decided to wipe all fines (not cocts of replacements) accrued since 14th December 2019. We had PTFS Europe (our support company) do this. They ran this little SQL:
SELECT accountlines_id, date, accounttype, payment_type, amountoutstanding FROM accountlines
WHERE date > '2019-12-14'
AND accounttype IN ('F','FU')
AND amountoutstanding > 0

The support analyst said: "This finds 5129 bills. If you are happy for these to be deleted, let me know".

I did, and they were gone in an instant.

Ray Delahunty
University of the Arts London