[Koha] Elasticsearch punctuation help

Aleisha Amohia aleisha at catalyst.net.nz
Mon Mar 21 15:15:09 NZDT 2022

Hey all

We have Elasticsearch running on a Koha and would like some help with
our index configuration.

We would like searches that include punctuation to also search as if the
punctuation wasn't there.

For example, we would like a search for "e-commerce" to also return
results for "ecommerce" and vice versa. Or a search for "a:b" to also
return results for "ab".

Does anyone have any tips for token filters or anything else that we
should try to make ES work how we want?

Thanks!

--
*Aleisha Amohia*(she/her)
Koha Developer

Catalyst IT - Expert Open Source Solutions
Tel: +64 4 499 2267 | www.catalyst.net.nz <http://www.catalyst.net.nz>

Catalyst Logo

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email is intended for the named recipients
only. It may contain privileged, confidential or copyright information.
If you are not the named recipient, any use, reliance upon, disclosure
or copying of this email or its attachments is unauthorised. If you have
received this email in error, please reply via email or call +64 4 499 2267.