[Koha] How to link authority data via existing number?

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Sat Mar 19 09:42:45 NZDT 2022

Hi

In our library we are migrating from our current system to Koha 21.11.

We have migrated existing authority data and created for example

Title data record
* MARC 100$9 STA101744
* MARC 100$a Lansky, Ralph

Authority data record (PERSO_NAME)
* MARC 001 STA101744
* MARC 100$a Lansky, Ralph

Both kinds of records were successully loaded, after that we tried to
link these records using script "link_bibs_to_authorities.pl" but it
failed. We expected this would create a link between title record and
authority record via number STA101744 but instead the content of MARC
001 of the authority record was surprisingly replaced by a new number
and it linked only to one title record that didn't have content in MARC
100$9 but did contain (another) "Lansky, Ralph" in MARC 100$a. While the
actual records containing MARC 100$9 STA101744 were not linked to the
authority record and seem to have been ignored.

How can we successfully link title data records via existing numbers in
MARC 001 of the authority record?

Best wishes: Michael