[Koha] Bulk Deletion of Authorities Not Linked to a Title

Charles Kelley cmkelleymls at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 12:48:43 NZST 2022

Hello, Tim!

    In our latest exchange, on 16 June 2022 at 09:01 [JST], I received this:

Were you using the Koha shell?  As a super user type koha-shell
> library.  Change library with the name used for your Koha instance.

*Tim McMahon*
> West Liberty Public Library

    What is the Koha shell? I just type in the command line interface (bash
shell) this command:

/usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/remove_unused_authorities.pl asdlib

    "asdlib" is our instantiation. I did not miss the instantiation in my
original question or the follow-up but maybe , so what did we miss? A
switch, e.g., "-i" (for instantiation), perhaps? Does this work only on
Zebra? Is there an analogue for ElasticSearch?

    Do we have to edit the PERL script? Does the PERL script have to be
compiled through the PERL engine or another PERL compiler? Does it run
through an interpreter instead?

    Do we also have to set up a devbox, which I guess is an abbreviation of
developer box? What is that? How do we do so?

--

    よろしくお願いします。

    -- Charles.

    Charles Kelley, MLS
    PSC 704 Box 1029
    APO AP 96338

    Charles Kelley
    Tsukimino 1-Chome 5-2
    Tsukimino Gaadenia #210
    Yamato-shi, Kanagawa-ken
    〒242-0002 JAPAN

    +1-301-741-7122 [US cell]
    +81-80-4356-2178 [JPN cell]

    mnogojazyk at aol.com [h]
    cmkelleymls at gmail.com [p]

    linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls <http://www.linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls>
    Meeting Your Information Needs. Virtually.