[Koha] Koha pluging for linking fields and RDA -76X-78X fields

Hernandez, Heather H Heather_Hernandez at nps.gov
Wed Jun 15 04:25:28 NZST 2022

Hi, Mercedes!

We are also a specialized library!  I'm sorry that I don't have an answer for you about the plugin, but we have used RDA from almost the beginning of its introduction, and I've cataloged for decades using the 76X-78X fields (they predate RDA)--do you have specific questions about them?  I have a public list of RDA records on our OPAC that might be of interest:
Contents of RDA records › SF Maritime NHP Research Center catalog (bywatersolutions.com)<https://keys.bywatersolutions.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-shelves.pl?op=view&shelfnumber=52&sortfield=title>

And there are also some sample records on the Koha Wiki:
Training resources - Koha Wiki (koha-community.org)<https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Training_resources#Cataloging>

We just discussed using the MARC21 78X linking entry fields at the last Koha-US Cataloging Special Interest Group (on June 2, 2022) which might be of interest, and the recording is posted on the Koha-US YouTube channel:  koha-US - YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/c/kohaUS/videos>
(The Koha-US Cataloging SIG meetings are open to all, by the way, if you'd like to come to ask questions, get feedback, suggestions, etc.--you don't have to be a Koha-US member, or even in the US!  Info here Special Interest Groups – koha-US<https://koha-us.org/special-interest-groups/>)

We're still on 21.05 (supported by ByWater Solutions) but will be upgrading to 21.11 in the coming months--I'm so excited about the new features!

Cheerio!
--h2

Ms. Heather Hernandez (she, her, hers)
Technical Services Librarian
Library catalog:  https://keys.bywatersolutions.com/
San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park Research Center
2 Marina Blvd., Bldg. E, 3rd floor, San Francisco, CA  94123-1284
415-561-7032 (office generally M-W, telecommuting Th-F)
heather_hernandez at nps.gov<https://webmail.lmi.net/src/compose.php?send_to=heather_hernandez%40nps.gov>