[Koha] More problems with Google security upgrade

Jason Boyer JBoyer at equinoxOLI.org
Tue Jun 14 23:50:17 NZST 2022

Recently Google has started treating all SPF failures as hard failures and throwing away those messages. So, if your notices have a From: of user at example.com <mailto:user at example.com> and example.com’s SPF record doesn’t say that you’re allowed to send email from that domain Gmail trashes it. We’ve had a lot of customers lately either add our servers to their SPF records and that fixed the issue for them. You can find out more at http://www.open-spf.org/ <http://www.open-spf.org/>

Also setting up DKIM support would make it even more likely that they be delivered, but a properly setup SPF record for all domains email is coming “from” is enough for now.

Jason

--
Jason Boyer
Senior System Administrator