[Koha] More problems with Google security upgrade

Coehoorn, Joel jcoehoorn at york.edu
Tue Jun 14 08:40:06 NZST 2022

If you previously enabled Less Secure Apps to allow setting a
username/password in Koha to authenticate to Google, this is no longer
available for individual accounts (Google Workspace accounts can still do
it -- for now).

Instead, you now must make sure multi-factor authentication is enabled on
the account used by Koha. After you do this you will be able to create a
per-App password you can put in the Koha configuration.

Joel Coehoorn
Director of Information Technology
York College of Nebraska