[Koha] SMTP configuration error

Ms. Naveen Ali naveen at neduet.edu.pk
Fri Jun 10 22:19:10 NZST 2022

Dear All,

I am trying to setup SMTP to send email notices;

Using KOHA 21.11 and have configured the SMTP servers using the option in the Administration Module
I have configured Gmail SMTP with the following information
Host: smtp.gmail.com Port: 587
Timeout:120s SSL: SSL
Authentication: Yes (My gmail email address and password)

I am receiving failed email status with "Unhandled email failure, check the logs for further details"

Looking into mailing list threads, i tried running the process_message_queue.pl manually and got the following error

library at KOHA:/usr/share/koha/bin/cronjobs$ ./process_message_queue.pl
unable to locate Koha configuration file koha-conf.xml at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Context.pm line 170.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Templates.pm line 153.
Use of uninitialized value $file in exists at /usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Config.pm line 78.
Use of uninitialized value $file in hash element at /usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Config.pm line 79.
Use of uninitialized value $file in hash element at /usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Config.pm line 82.
Use of uninitialized value $file in exists at /usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Config.pm line 78.
Use of uninitialized value $file in hash element at /usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Config.pm line 82.
Use of uninitialized value $INC[-1] in string eq at /usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Plugins.pm line 40.
Use of uninitialized value $INC[-1] in string eq at /usr/share/perl/5.30/Net/Config.pm line 27.
Use of uninitialized value in require at /usr/share/perl/5.30/Net/Config.pm line 29.
Use of uninitialized value $file in exists at /usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Config.pm line 78.
Use of uninitialized value $file in hash element at /usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Config.pm line 82.
Use of uninitialized value $file in exists at /usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Config.pm line 78.
Use of uninitialized value $file in hash element at /usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Config.pm line 82.
DBIx::Class::Storage: BI::catch {...} (): DBI Connection failed: Can't call method "get" on an undefined value at /usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Database.pm line 61. at /usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Database.pm line 139

I tried updating the the /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Context.pm file with the path /etc/koha/sites/library/koha-conf.xml but no success. How do I resolve this issue??

With thanks and best regards,

Naveen Ali

ITM-JE (EAKL)
Inst Representative for