[Koha] [EXTERNAL] Re: [koha] Copy itemtype in 952y to 942c

King, Fred Fred.King at Medstar.net
Tue Jun 7 01:33:29 NZST 2022

You can do this in MarcEdit with Swap Field Utility.
   Original Data: 952 y
   Modified Data: 942 c
Under Search Options, check Copy Source (so you won't delete the 952$y), and Add to existing/create new.

I learned this a couple of weeks ago. I wish I had learned it a few years ago.

General plug for MarcEdit: it's free (though not open-source) editing software that has more functions than the largest Swiss Army knife. Get it at marcedit.reeset.net.

Fred King, MSLS, AHIP
fred.king at medstar.net
202-877-6670
ORCID 0000-0001-5266-0279
MedStar Authors Catalog: http://medstarauthors.org

I, for one, like Roman numerals.
--Trad

-----Original Message-----
From: Koha <koha-bounces at lists.katipo.co.nz> On Behalf Of Katrin Fischer
Sent: Monday, June 6, 2022 5:20 AM
To: koha at lists.katipo.co.nz
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Koha] [koha] Copy itemtype in 952y to 942c

**ATTENTION: This email originated from outside the MedStar Health network.
 ** DO NOT CLICK links or attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Hi James,

I think there is currently no option to copy from the bibliographic record to the item record as you can't edit items with the MARC modification templates. What I'd probably do is group them by itemtype and do each itemtype separately. You could create a report to list you all itemnumbers for records with a certain itemtype and then batch edit them.

Hope this helps,

Katrin