[Koha] Does Koha support barcode scanners and more questions?

Bruce A. Metcalf library at augustansociety.org
Fri Jun 3 10:38:23 NZST 2022

On 6/2/22 02:48, Karthick Babu Sai Sankar Gupta wrote:

> 1) Could this software be installed in a webspace and used or should this
> be in a standalone (local) computer ?

Yes. I've been running Koha in a virtual server at a remote site since
version 3.

If you do want to host it locally, I would recommend a single-purpose
computer, so it isn't slowed by other programs. Some functions are a bit
of a resource hog, though this is usually temporary.

I also recommend using Debian, not a derivative like Mint. It's possible
to run it under different OS, but it's much simpler with pure Debian.

I'll have to leave the other questions to those with more knowledge in
those topics.

Cheers,
/ Bruce /
Bruce A. Metcalf