[Koha] Adding items to a list not possible in Koha 21.11.09

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Wed Jul 27 04:31:33 NZST 2022

Hello Andreas

 > Thank you very much for taking the time to provide these details!
 >
 > I'm interested in finding what's causing this misbehaviour, so
 > please bear with me as I bombard you with more questions! ;-)
 >
 > Have you made any staff interface customisations with JavaScript
 > or jQuery? Is there anything in your instance's IntranetUserJS
 > system preference that refers to the .addtolist or .selection
 > CSS classes?

No  customisations.

 > Do you have any active browser plugins that could interfere with
 > your browser's JavaScript and/or LocalStorage capabilities?

Personally, I'm using the webbrowser officially supported by Koha,
Mozilla Firefox 91.10.0esr and I'm not aware of any plugin that would
interfere or had ever interfered anywhere.

 > Have you tried adding a record to a list using a different browser?

I just tried it with Google Chrome 103.0.5060.53 but it is the same - a
small popup appears, saying "No item was selected".

 > Does anything helpful get printed in your browser's console?
 > (starting from the point in time where you perform the catalog
 > search, and ending when you click on "Add to list -> List name")

Just after the search the following is written into the browser console:

sendRemoveListener on closed conduit textern at jlebon.com.3985729651140
ConduitsChild.jsm:108
     _send resource://gre/modules/ConduitsChild.jsm:108
     _send self-hosted:1282
     removeListener resource://gre/modules/ExtensionChild.jsm:663
     removeListener resource://gre/modules/ExtensionChild.jsm:886
     onChanged chrome://extensions/content/child/ext-storage.js:332
     removeListener resource://gre/modules/ExtensionCommon.jsm:2534
     revoke resource://gre/modules/ExtensionCommon.jsm:2556
     close resource://gre/modules/ExtensionCommon.jsm:2561
     unload resource://gre/modules/ExtensionCommon.jsm:922
     close resource://gre/modules/ExtensionContent.jsm:934
     destroyed resource://gre/modules/ExtensionContent.jsm:1012
     observe resource://gre/modules/ExtensionContent.jsm:1030

But there is no further message when actually trying to add the checked
record to the list.

 > Have you had any Koha plugins installed or enabled recently?

No, there are no Koha plugins installed on this host.

As the librarian has meanwhile told me it is possible to add records
from the second page of a result list, but NOT from the first page of a
result list - I can confirm that. It is also possible to add records
from the single hit (detail view). Thus the librarian is now searching
the wanted records from the first page one by one to add them to the list...

Best wishes: Michael