[Koha] Accessing DNB databases via SRU and HTTPS

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Tue Jul 26 20:25:05 NZST 2022

Hi

We had a working Koha configuration to access the database of the German
national library (Deutsche Nationalbibliothek / DNB) via SRU and HTTP.
But since 19 July requests using the HTTP-protocol will be redirected to
the HTTPS-protocol by "HTTP-Statuscode 301 Moved Permanently" (see
https://lists.dnb.de/pipermail/ons-sru-ru/2022-July/000015.html).

The search via HTTPS is working via yaz-client:

  # yaz-client https://services.dnb.de/sru/dnb
  Z> sru GET 1.1
  Z> find "Marx"
  Z> s 1

So in our Koha configuration we changed port 80 to port 443 - but when
searching anything Koha immediately (apparently without really
searching) returns "Nothing found". It's is the same with both databases
"sru/dnb" (bibliographic data) and "sru/authorities" (authorities).

Has anyone been successful recently when trying to access the DNB
databases via SRU and HTTPS?

Best wishes: Michael