[Koha] Rotating IP Address and Koha Logout

Charles Kelley cmkelleymls at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 11:20:31 NZST 2022

Hi, all!

    My library is moving its Koha ILS to an AWS-based server. In
development, it was on a standalone laptop.

    In the testing phase on the AWS server, we have noted that the IP
address for logins changes every thirty seconds and staff are signed out
from Koha. The staff have to sign in anew and refresh. Whatever the staff
were working on -- search, record editing, uploading new records, etc. --
may or may not survive intact.

    We don't know what causes this, but it's like

IP 42.0.2.35
Staff types a search query.
IP 42.0.2.35
Staff selects Edit Record from dropdown menu.
Sudden change to IP 42.0.2.29
Record vanishes.
Login screen appears.
New IP 42.0.2.34
Staff logs in anew
Staff backs up two tabs (or windows) and continues.
New IP 42.02.31
Repeat of what staff intervention at New IP 42.0.2.34

    Eventually whatever the staff were working on is accomplished, but
logging in anew and reentering the previous steps so often are a bit
inconvenient, to state the least.

    My IT staff doesn't understand this phenomenon. We checked the system
preferences, but we haven't changed the timeouts since Koha was initially
installed. Has this been reported to the Koha development teams or on this
discussion group before?

    Does anyone have an idea what would be causing this?

--
    よろしくお願いします。

    -- Charles.

    Until 2022-07-15:
        Charles Kelley, MLS
        PSC 704 Box 1029
        APO AP 96338
        +81-80-4356-2178 [JPN cell]

    From 2022-07-18:
        Charles Kelley
        c/o Bob and Ronni DiGioia
        147 Mitchel Drive
        Oakland, MD 21550 USA
        +1-301-741-7122 [US cell]

    mnogojazyk at aol.com [h]
    cmkelleymls at gmail.com [p]

    linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls
    Meeting Your Information Needs. Virtually.