[Koha] Linking via 830$w

Katrin Fischer katrin.fischer.83 at web.de
Sun Jan 16 01:28:24 NZDT 2022

Hi Anke,

if the search is done horizontally using the rcn index we are looking
for records that have a $w entry matching the number.

If we are looking 'upwards' for the set record, we are using the
Control-number index to look for a matching 001.

It would be possible to combine the 2 searches, looking up both:

rcn:xxx OR Control-number:xxx

But I am not sure about influencing the sorting. It might just work, for
some reasons and depending on sequence of cataloguing etc. Maybe you
could give higher weight to the 001 to rank it higher than the $w with
Elasticsearch? We could also probably add some kind of sorting to the
query. But I haven't experimented with any of this :)

Hope this helps,

Katrin