[Koha] Volume and Issue Numbering in Journals

Charles Kelley cmkelleymls at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 15:07:14 NZDT 2022

Hi, all!

    My library is implementing the serials module. We have been watching
video tutorials, especially this one by ByWater Solutions: Deep Dive:
Serials in Koha (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFnS7BK5aPM&t=27s). It
seems easy enough -- yes, famous last words, comparable to Innovative
Interfaces, Inc. and other ILS serial modules.

    However, the tutorial is clearly for single-number periodicals, i.e.,
each issue is its own issue number. Using the tutorial example, Martha
Stewart Living, no. 390, no. 391, no. 392, etc. How does Koha handle
two-number  and three-number periodicals, i.e., a journal with a volume and
issue number, e.g., The Journal of the American Medical Association with
vol. 3:no. 6, vol. 3:no. 7, etc.?

    Many thanks, all!

--

    よろしくお願いします。

    -- Charles.

    Charles Kelley, MLS
    PSC 704 Box 1029
    APO AP 96338

    Charles Kelley
    Tsukimino 1-Chome 5-2
    Tsukimino Gaadenia #210
    Yamato-shi, Kanagawa-ken
    〒242-0002 JAPAN

    +1-301-741-7122 [US cell]
    +81-80-4356-2178 [JPN cell]

    mnogojazyk at aol.com [h]
    cmkelleymls at gmail.com [p]

    linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls <http://www.linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls>
    Meeting Your Information Needs. Virtually.