[Koha] Linking via 830$w

Thomas Klausner domm at plix.at
Tue Jan 4 03:31:07 NZDT 2022

Hi!

On Sat, Jan 01, 2022 at 01:56:31PM +0100, Katrin Fischer wrote:

> is this an 830 from a traced series entry?

Yes.

> The 830 here is used for a traced series entry in combination with a 490
> ind. 1 = 1.

Not sure what you mean by "490 ind". But the relationship is definitly
not 1:1, but n:1 (i.e. we're linking from a child to a parent)

> In this case linking horizontally to the other parts of the series
> instead of linking to the set record was chosen by design, assuming it
> would make more sense to the user. Especially since untraced series
> don't have a set record and the link can only link to the parts.

I think we are using this 830$w to link not horizontally, but
vertically, from a book up to a sort of series ("Reihe"). We're not 100%
sure this is correct, so we copied what DNB is doing (see again these
links):

https://portal.dnb.de/opac/simpleSearch?query=9783847703389
linking via 830$w to
https://portal.dnb.de/opac/opacPresentation?cqlMode=true&reset=true&referrerPosition=0&referrerResultId=%229783847703389%22%26any&query=idn%3D015935620

> But it could be changed locally of course as you said by just changing
> the index. If you don't want to change the XSLT file this can also be
> done quite easily with jQuery in OpacUserJs:

ok, that's another way to correct the param name.

We were just not sure if using 'rcn' instead of 'control-number' was a
bug in Koha or our MARC. It seems it is neither, so we'll use a
workaround to "correct" the param name.

Greetings,
domm

--