[Koha] Linking via 830$w

Bruns, Anke Anke.Bruns at gwdg.de
Mon Jan 3 02:01:01 NZDT 2022

Hi Katrin,

thank you very much for this info! One question remains, however, for me.

Referring to (I think) the traced series mentioned in the paragraph before, you explain:

> In this case linking horizontally to the other parts of the series
> instead of linking to the set record was chosen by design, assuming it
> would make more sense to the user. Especially since untraced series
> don't have a set record and the link can only link to the parts.

Now I am somewhat confused as - however much sense it makes to link horizontally with untraced series - traced series do have a set record to which a link might vertically refer. Still, this isn't what happens in Koha. Was, then, horizontal linking chosen by design for both types of series, traced and untraced, or should there be vertical / upward links in the parts of traced series?

Best regards, and a Good New Year to everyone!

Anke

--
Anke Bruns M.A. (LIS)
Arbeitsgruppe "Anwendungs- und Informationssysteme"
E-Mail: anke.bruns at gwdg.de
---------------------------------------
Achtung! Neue Kontaktdaten!

Gesellschaft für wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung mbH Göttingen (GWDG)
Burckhardtweg 4, 37077 Göttingen, URL: https://gwdg.de

Support: Tel.: +49 551 39-30000, URL: https://gwdg.de/support
Sekretariat: Tel.: +49 551 39-30001, E-Mail: gwdg at gwdg.de

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Ramin Yahyapour
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Prof. Dr. Norbert Lossau
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Göttingen
Registergericht: Göttingen, Handelsregister-Nr. B 598
Zertifiziert nach ISO 9001