[Koha] Issue with "Additional contents (HTML customizations)"

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Sun Jan 2 07:48:06 NZDT 2022

Hi Katrin

You wrote:

 > I have tried adding OpacNavRight and OpacMainUserBlock entries on your
 > demo installation, but deleting the entries always makes the content
 > go away.

No, it doesn't - it seems like your last entry in "OpacMainUserBlock"
was "test". Is that correct? It still can be seen at
https://koha.adminkuhn.ch/ - together with my own test entry from
earlier this day (but only until the next reset tomorrow at 5 AM):

Test Kuhn 1.1.2022
test

It is just below the "news" entry when choosing language "Deutsch
Deutschland (de_DE)".

The menu entry in "Additional contents (HTML customizations)" is gone,
but as said the original entry in the OPAC is still
there.https://koha.adminkuhn.ch/

Of course it is also still in the database (along with more stuff that
shouldn't be there anymore! Since the menu entries are gone the table
shouldn't contain any entries of category "html_customizations", as far
as I see it):

|     4 | html_customizations | OpacMainUserBlock_3 | OpacMainUserBlock
| NULL       | Test Kuhn 1.1.2022    | Test Kuhn 1.1.2022

                                                           | de-DE   |
2022-01-01   | 2022-01-01 14:41:45 | NULL           |   NULL |
     1 |
|     7 | html_customizations | OpacNavRight_6      | OpacNavRight
| NULL       | kkk                   | kkk

                                                           | de-CH   |
2022-01-01   | 2022-01-01 16:25:41 | NULL           |   NULL |
     1 |
|     8 | html_customizations | OpacNavRight_6      | OpacNavRight
| NULL       | iii                   | iii

                                                           | it-IT   |
2022-01-01   | 2022-01-01 16:25:41 | NULL           |   NULL |
     1 |
|    10 | html_customizations | OpacNavRight_9      | OpacMainUserBlock
| NULL       | test                  | test

                                                           | de-DE   |
2022-01-01   | 2022-01-01 16:28:36 | NULL           |   NULL |
     1 |

As I see now, there is more weirs stuff going on: "test" (which you
included for language "it-IT") can still be seen when choosing the main
language (de-DE) while Italian is not even one of the possible choices!

I believe there is some problem with the "standard" and the different
languages of menu "Additional contents (HTML customizations)".

 > Could you provide a step by step guide so we can see where the
 > difference is?
 >
 > I believe it would be save to delete these entries.

Thanks, for now I'll do that! But of course this isn't really the solution.

Best wishes: Michael