[Koha] Restarting Indexing -- Maybe Reindexing Altogether

Charles Kelley cmkelleymls at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 20:51:52 NZDT 2022

Hello, all!

    In our latest exchange, on 11 Feb. 2022 at 07:28 [JST], I wrote this:

    Thanks for the confirmation. If it hadn't been for your mention of the
> ElasticSearch and Zebra executables for Koha, I would not even thought to
> look for them and ultimately
>
> #koha-elasticsearch --rebuild -d -v {koha instance}
>
>     Yes, I found it about an hour after our correspondence last evening.
> (I live in Japan and it was evening here when we corresponded.) In any
> event, it worked perfectly. I tried it on a clone first lest we not lose
> our catalog.

    Well, my elation was ill-founded. I worked on the catalog all day last
Friday and all was fine. When I began work again today, the catalog was
misindexed again. I couldn't find records that I had entered last Friday
and records I downloaded into Koha this morning. Reindexing the
bibliographic records and the authority records with

#koha-elasticsearch --rebuild -d -v {koha instance}

proved fruitless. I have been able to export intact the bibliographic
records and the authority records with the Tools functions. I have to
create a new empty instance and import the records into the new instance
unless somebody has a better solution. Does anyone?

    I'll have to reenter the circulation tables, item types, authorized
values, etc. Does anyone know how to extract them from an instance for
importation into another instance? Just the tables, etc., mind you, not the
bibliographic and authority records. Those, I already have in MARC format.

    I don't know what I did wrong, but it must have been something.

    Thanks, all.

    P. S. My library is not going live until summer or fall. The disruption
in order to rebuild by exporting the records to a new instance would cause
us to lose about a week's worth in preparation to the live server, that's
all.

--

    よろしくお願いします。

    -- Charles.

    Charles Kelley, MLS
    PSC 704 Box 1029
    APO AP 96338

    Charles Kelley
    Tsukimino 1-Chome 5-2
    Tsukimino Gaadenia #210
    Yamato-shi, Kanagawa-ken
    〒242-0002 JAPAN

    +1-301-741-7122 [US cell]
    +81-80-4356-2178 [JPN cell]

    mnogojazyk at aol.com [h]
    cmkelleymls at gmail.com [p]

    linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls <http://www.linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls>
    Meeting Your Information Needs. Virtually.