[Koha] Restarting Indexing -- Maybe Reindexing Altogether

Stowasser Rainer rainer.stowasser at zamg.ac.at
Thu Feb 10 20:49:46 NZDT 2022

Dear Charles

it seems that your zebra process is not running

you need a shell

see
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Commands_provided_by_the_Debian_packages
section zebra

check if zebra is still there
>koha-zebra —status

and if not you can
—restart

or rebuild your zebra index

>koha-rebuild-zebra nameofyourinstance

Kind regards

Hofrat Mag. Rainer Stowasser
Head of Library and Archives ZAMG

Am 10.02.2022 um 05:53 schrieb Charles Kelley <cmkelleymls at gmail.com<mailto:cmkelleymls at gmail.com>>:

Hi, all!

   My library's system has stopped indexing new records. Case in point: I
added Starlog to our catalog, and five ours later, it still does not appear
when searched. We've also added a few more authority headings, but several
hours later, they too cannot be found.

   So is it possible to restart the indexing? Failing that, is is possible
to reindex the entire catalog? I'd like to learn this now before we upgrade
to 20.05 or 20.11 this spring or summer.

   Many thanks.

P. S. Running Koha 19.05 on Debian 9 "Buster".

   (When we upgrade to 20.XX, we'll also upgrade to Debian 10 or 11.)

--

   よろしくお願いします。

   -- Charles.

   Charles Kelley, MLS
   PSC 704 Box 1029
   APO AP 96338

   Charles Kelley
   Tsukimino 1-Chome 5-2
   Tsukimino Gaadenia #210
   Yamato-shi, Kanagawa-ken
   〒242-0002 JAPAN

   +1-301-741-7122 [US cell]
   +81-80-4356-2178 [JPN cell]

   mnogojazyk at aol.com<mailto:mnogojazyk at aol.com> [h]
   cmkelleymls at gmail.com<mailto:cmkelleymls at gmail.com> [p]

   linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls<http://linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls> <http://www.linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls>
   Meeting Your Information Needs. Virtually.