[Koha] Serials and Variable Frequencies

Carlos Lopez clopez at dml.vic.edu.au
Thu Feb 10 11:45:26 NZDT 2022

Hi Charles

First of all, I don't really have much to do with the serials module, so if someone with better knowledge is available then please ignore this.

My understanding is that the recording of frequencies in the bibliographic record is intended for OPAC use, (so users can have some idea as to how regular a serial frequency is), but the frequency in the serials module is to help staff with predicting when a subscribed serial issue is due to arrive (prediction patterns and all that). One does not necessarily have anything to do with the other. In the serials module you'd need to change the subscription frequency when it changed, but not keep historical frequencies.

I hope this helps.

With kind regards from the Dalton McCaughey Library Team

Carlos Lopez

Dalton McCaughey Library | 29 College Crescent, Parkville, VICTORIA 3052