[Koha] Serials and Variable Frequencies

Charles Kelley cmkelleymls at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 11:17:18 NZDT 2022

Hi, all!

    My library is beginning to implement the serials module, but we have a
question. How does Koha handle serials with variable frequencies? Case in
point: Starlog.

    According to WorldCat and the Library of Congress, Starlog had three
frequencies during its run. To copy the 310 and 321 fields,

310 ␣␣ ‑a Monthly, ‑b <Jan. 1982->
321 ␣␣ ‑a Quarterly, ‑b Aug. 1976-
321 ␣␣ ‑a 8 times a year, ‑b <Dec. 1978->

    How are the three frequencies entered into Koha?

    Thanks for your help, everyone!

    P. S. Sorry for the extra spacing and the "␣". I now use "␣" for the
space in indicators in order to be absolutely clear an indicator is blank.

--

    γ‚ˆγ‚γ—γγŠι‘˜γ„γ—γΎγ™γ€‚

    -- Charles.

    Charles Kelley, MLS
    PSC 704 Box 1029
    APO AP 96338

    Charles Kelley
    Tsukimino 1-Chome 5-2
    Tsukimino Gaadenia #210
    Yamato-shi, Kanagawa-ken
    γ€’242-0002 JAPAN

    +1-301-741-7122 [US cell]
    +81-80-4356-2178 [JPN cell]

    mnogojazyk at aol.com [h]
    cmkelleymls at gmail.com [p]

    linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls <http://www.linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls>
    Meeting Your Information Needs. Virtually.