[Koha] Importing encrypted patron passwords

Mark Alexander marka at pobox.com
Sun Feb 6 14:13:06 NZDT 2022

Excerpts from Alvaro Cornejo's message of 2022-02-05 19:40:08 -0500:
> I'll however suggest you do the backup load/upgrade before configuring the
> server since some of the data uses DB indexes to be identified.

Let me see if I understand this.  Is this the order of steps you're recommending?

0. install Debian 10 on new server
1. apt-get install koha-common
2. copy database from the old server (mysqldump args >dump.sql)
   and load it on new server (mysql args <dump.sql).
3. run updatedatabase.pl
4. run Koha's web installer

I worry about step 3 because I don't understand how updatedatabase.pl
knows how to access the old database.  In the 3.16 installation I'm
working on, the database is called "koha", but in the latest Koha, the
database is normally called "koha_INSTANCE".  Is this a problem, and if so,
what do I do about?

--
I work very hard.  Please don't expect me
to think as well. --Ashleigh Brilliant