[Koha] Thesaurus not working for "used for/see from"

Bales (US), Tasha R tasha.r.bales at boeing.com
Wed Aug 10 08:40:39 NZST 2022

Good afternoon, I'm looking for tips to solve an authority record problem.

I noticed that none of my "used for/see from" headings are hyperlinked when I browse authorities in Koha.  If I attempt a search for one of these unlinked terms, no results are found-the thesaurus isn't working.  Surely, something must be wrong with the MARC authority record, but I'm not sure what and I'm looking for suggestions!

I load authorities, but don't maintain them.  I'm not sure what the problem could be, after comparing to the MARC standard for authorities and a couple examples in OCLC.  These records functioned fine in Millennium.  Does Koha expect/require additional metadata to make these metadata searchable?  Perhaps it is a Global System Preference that is incorrect?

Here is an example of a record I just loaded from OCLC, below.  My expectation is that if I search my OPAC subject index for a phrase that is in one of the 450's below, I should retrieve any bib records with a 650 field that contains "Brined cheeses", but no results are found.  Maybe I am completely misunderstanding how authority records work?

000

00675cz a2200217n 4500

001

oca02939087

003

OCoLC

005

20220809013034.0

008

910306i| anannbabn |a ana

010

_ash 91000983

040

_aDLC
_cDLC
_dDLC

053

0

_aSF272.B76

150

_aBrined cheeses

450

_aBrine-cured cheeses

450

_aWhite brine-cured cheeses

450

_aWhite brined cheeses

550

_wg
_aCheese
_xVarieties

670

_aWork cat.: Feta and related cheeses, 1991
_b(white brined cheeses)

670

_aRandom House
_b(feta ... white, brine-cured Greek cheese)

670

_aWeb. 3
_b(feta ... white cheese ... cured in brine)

675

_aCompletely cheese

Tasha Bales