[Koha] [Koha-devel] Dependency problem when installing Koha 21.11.10 on Debian 11

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Fri Aug 5 02:46:56 NZST 2022

Hi Mason

You wrote:

 >> Do you maybe have any hint how to find out what could be the problem
 >> with the failing configuration of package "rabbitmq-server"?
 >
 > try reinstalling rabbitmq-server first, then installing koha-common
 >
 >   # apt purge rabbitmq-server koha-common
 >   # apt install rabbitmq-server
 >   # apt install koha-common
 >

 > note the 'Status' value when rabbitmq is running correctly
 >
 > root at deb11:#  systemctl status rabbitmq-server.service
 > * rabbitmq-server.service - RabbitMQ Messaging Server
 >       Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/rabbitmq-server.service;
 > enabled; vendor pre>
 >       Active: active (running) since Thu 2022-08-04 13:21:32 UTC; 2min
 > 56s ago
 >     Main PID: 5844 (beam.smp)
 >        Tasks: 86 (limit: 2190)
 >       Memory: 75.3M
 >          CPU: 11.458s
 >       CGroup: /system.slice/rabbitmq-server.service
 >               |-5844 /usr/lib/erlang/erts-11.1.8/bin/beam.smp -W w -K
 > true -A 64 -MBas>
 >               |-5944 erl_child_setup 65536
 >               |-5994 inet_gethost 4
 >               `-5995 inet_gethost 4
 >

 >> Did anyone out there successfully install either Koha 21.11.10 or
 >> Koha 22.05.03 on a new machine with Debian GNU/Linux 11?
 >
 > yes,  i confirmed that both versions install ok on deb11

I just purged both packages, then tried to install "rabbitmq-server":

root at bib-katalog:~# apt install rabbitmq-server
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
required:
   at daemon docbook-xml docbook-xsl fontconfig fonts-dejavu
fonts-dejavu-extra
   gettext graphviz gsfonts icu-devtools idzebra-2.0 idzebra-2.0-common
   idzebra-2.0-doc idzebra-2.0-utils libalgorithm-c3-perl
   libalgorithm-checkdigits-perl libann0 libany-uri-escape-perl
   libanyevent-http-perl libanyevent-perl libapache-logformat-compiler-perl
   libapache2-mpm-itk libappconfig-perl libarchive-extract-perl
   libarchive-zip-perl libarray-utils-perl libasync-interrupt-perl
   libauth-googleauth-perl libauthen-cas-client-perl libb-debug-perl
   libb-hooks-endofscope-perl libb-hooks-op-check-perl
libbarcode-code128-perl
   libbiblio-endnotestyle-perl libbit-vector-perl libbusiness-isbn-data-perl
   libbusiness-isbn-perl libbusiness-issn-perl libbytes-random-secure-perl
   libcache-memcached-fast-perl libcache-memcached-fast-safe-perl
   libcache-memcached-perl libcairo2 libcapture-tiny-perl
   libcarp-assert-more-perl libcarp-assert-perl libcarp-clan-perl libcdt5
   libcgi-compile-perl libcgi-emulate-psgi-perl
   libcgi-session-driver-memcached-perl libcgi-session-perl libcgraph6
   libclass-accessor-chained-perl libclass-accessor-grouped-perl
   libclass-accessor-perl libclass-adapter-perl
libclass-c3-componentised-perl
   libclass-c3-perl libclass-c3-xs-perl libclass-data-inheritable-perl
   libclass-factory-util-perl libclass-inspector-perl libclass-isa-perl
   libclass-load-perl libclass-load-xs-perl libclass-makemethods-perl
   libclass-mix-perl libclass-returnvalue-perl libclass-singleton-perl
   libclass-tiny-perl libclass-unload-perl libclass-xsaccessor-perl
   libclone-choose-perl libconfig-any-perl libconfig-general-perl
   libconfig-tiny-perl libcontext-preserve-perl libconvert-base32-perl
   libconvert-binhex-perl libcookie-baker-perl libcookie-baker-xs-perl
   libcrypt-cbc-perl libcrypt-eksblowfish-perl libcrypt-jwt-perl
   libcrypt-random-seed-perl libcrypt-rc4-perl libcrypt-rijndael-perl
   libcryptx-perl libcurry-perl libdata-dumper-concise-perl
libdata-ical-perl
   libdata-optlist-perl libdata-page-perl libdate-calc-perl
   libdate-calc-xs-perl libdate-manip-perl libdatetime-event-ical-perl
   libdatetime-event-recurrence-perl libdatetime-format-builder-perl
   libdatetime-format-ical-perl libdatetime-format-mail-perl
   libdatetime-format-mysql-perl libdatetime-format-strptime-perl
   libdatetime-format-w3cdtf-perl libdatetime-locale-perl libdatetime-perl
   libdatetime-set-perl libdatetime-timezone-perl libdatrie1
libdbd-mock-perl
   libdbd-pg-perl libdbd-sqlite3-perl libdbix-class-perl
   libdbix-class-schema-loader-perl libdbix-runsql-perl
libdevel-argnames-perl
   libdevel-callchecker-perl libdevel-caller-perl libdevel-cover-perl
   libdevel-globaldestruction-perl libdevel-lexalias-perl
   libdevel-overloadinfo-perl libdevel-partialdump-perl
   libdevel-stacktrace-ashtml-perl libdevel-stacktrace-perl
   libdevel-symdump-perl libdigest-bubblebabble-perl libdigest-perl-md5-perl
   libdist-checkconflicts-perl libdynaloader-functions-perl
   libemail-abstract-perl libemail-address-perl libemail-address-xs-perl
   libemail-date-format-perl libemail-date-perl libemail-messageid-perl
   libemail-mime-contenttype-perl libemail-mime-encodings-perl
   libemail-mime-perl libemail-sender-perl libemail-simple-perl
   libemail-stuffer-perl libeval-closure-perl libevent-2.1-7
   libex-monkeypatched-perl libexception-class-perl libexpat1-dev
   libexporter-tiny-perl libfcgi-procmanager-perl libfile-pushd-perl
   libfile-sharedir-perl libfile-slurp-perl libfilesys-notify-simple-perl
   libfl2 libfont-ttf-perl libfreezethaw-perl libgd-barcode-perl libgd-perl
   libgmp-dev libgmpxx4ldbl libgnutls-dane0 libgnutls-openssl27
libgnutls28-dev
   libgnutlsxx28 libgraph-perl libgraphics-colornames-perl
   libgraphics-magick-perl libgraphicsmagick-q16-3 libgraphite2-3
   libgraphviz-perl libgravatar-url-perl libgts-0.7-5 libgts-bin
libguard-perl
   libgvc6 libgvpr2 libharfbuzz0b libhash-merge-perl libhash-multivalue-perl
   libheap-perl libhtml-lint-perl libhtml-scrubber-perl libhtml-tidy-perl
   libhttp-entity-parser-perl libhttp-headers-fast-perl
   libhttp-multipartparser-perl libhttp-oai-3.27-perl libhttp-parser-xs-perl
   libhttp-server-simple-perl libice6 libicu-dev libidn2-dev
libidzebra-2.0-0
   libidzebra-2.0-dev libidzebra-2.0-mod-alvis libidzebra-2.0-mod-dom
   libidzebra-2.0-mod-grs-marc libidzebra-2.0-mod-grs-regx
   libidzebra-2.0-mod-grs-xml libidzebra-2.0-mod-safari
libidzebra-2.0-mod-text
   libidzebra-2.0-modules libimage-png-libpng-perl libimage-size-perl
   libimport-into-perl libio-all-perl libio-multiplex-perl libio-pty-perl
   libio-string-perl libio-stringy-perl libipc-run-perl
libipc-shareable-perl
   libjcode-pm-perl libjson-maybexs-perl liblab-gamut1
   liblibrary-callnumber-lc-perl liblingua-en-findnumber-perl
   liblingua-en-inflect-number-perl liblingua-en-inflect-perl
   liblingua-en-inflect-phrase-perl liblingua-en-number-isordinal-perl
   liblingua-en-tagger-perl liblingua-en-words2nums-perl
liblingua-ispell-perl
   liblingua-pt-stemmer-perl liblingua-stem-fr-perl liblingua-stem-it-perl
   liblingua-stem-perl liblingua-stem-ru-perl
liblingua-stem-snowball-da-perl
   liblingua-stem-snowball-perl liblist-moreutils-perl
   liblist-moreutils-xs-perl liblocale-currency-format-perl
liblocale-po-perl
   liblocale-xgettext-perl liblog-any-perl liblog-dispatch-perl
   liblog-log4perl-perl libltdl7 libmail-sendmail-perl libmarc-charset-perl
   libmarc-file-mij-perl libmarc-record-perl libmarc-xml-perl
   libmath-random-isaac-perl libmath-random-isaac-xs-perl
   libmath-random-mt-perl libmemoize-expirelru-perl libmime-lite-perl
   libmime-tools-perl libmime-types-perl libmodern-perl-perl
   libmodule-bundled-files-perl libmodule-cpanfile-perl
   libmodule-implementation-perl libmodule-pluggable-perl
   libmodule-refresh-perl libmodule-runtime-conflicts-perl
   libmodule-runtime-perl libmojo-jwt-perl libmoo-perl libmoose-perl
   libmoosex-markasmethods-perl libmoosex-nonmoose-perl
   libmoox-types-mooselike-perl libmro-compat-perl
libnamespace-autoclean-perl
   libnamespace-clean-perl libnet-cidr-perl libnet-dns-perl
libnet-dns-sec-perl
   libnet-ip-perl libnet-netmask-perl libnet-oauth2-authorizationserver-perl
   libnet-server-perl libnet-server-ss-prefork-perl libnet-sftp-foreign-perl
   libnet-stomp-perl libnet-z3950-simpleserver-perl libnet-z3950-zoom-perl
   libnumber-format-perl libole-storage-lite-perl libopenoffice-oodoc-perl
   libp11-kit-dev libpackage-deprecationmanager-perl libpackage-stash-perl
   libpackage-stash-xs-perl libpackage-variant-perl libpadwalker-perl
   libpango-1.0-0 libpangocairo-1.0-0 libpangoft2-1.0-0
   libparallel-forkmanager-perl libparams-classify-perl libparams-util-perl
   libparams-validate-perl libparams-validationcompiler-perl
   libparse-recdescent-perl libpath-class-perl libpathplan4 libpdf-api2-perl
   libpdf-api2-xs-perl libpdf-fromhtml-perl libpdf-reuse-barcode-perl
   libpdf-reuse-perl libpdf-table-perl libpdf-writer-perl
   libperl4-corelibs-perl libpixman-1-0 libplack-middleware-logwarn-perl
   libplack-middleware-reverseproxy-perl libplack-perl libpod-coverage-perl
   libpod-parser-perl libposix-atfork-perl libposix-strftime-compiler-perl
   libpq5 libreadonly-perl libref-util-perl libref-util-xs-perl
   libschedule-at-perl libscope-guard-perl libsearch-elasticsearch-perl
   libsereal-decoder-perl libsereal-encoder-perl libserver-starter-perl
   libset-infinite-perl libset-object-perl libsm6 libsms-send-perl
   libsnowball-norwegian-perl libsnowball-swedish-perl libspecio-perl
   libspiffy-perl libspreadsheet-parseexcel-perl
libspreadsheet-writeexcel-perl
   libsql-abstract-perl libsql-translator-perl libstream-buffered-perl
   libstrictures-perl libstring-crc32-perl libstring-random-perl
   libstring-toidentifier-en-perl libsub-exporter-perl
   libsub-exporter-progressive-perl libsub-identify-perl libsub-install-perl
   libsub-quote-perl libsub-uplevel-perl libsuper-perl libsys-cpu-perl
   libsys-hostname-long-perl libtasn1-6-dev libtasn1-doc libtcl8.6
   libtemplate-perl libtemplate-plugin-gettext-perl
   libtemplate-plugin-htmltotext-perl libtemplate-plugin-json-escape-perl
   libtemplate-plugin-stash-perl libtest-deep-perl libtest-exception-perl
   libtest-longstring-perl libtest-mockmodule-perl libtest-mockobject-perl
   libtest-mocktime-perl libtest-pod-perl libtest-sharedfork-perl
   libtest-strict-perl libtest-tcp-perl libtest-warn-perl
   libtest-www-mechanize-perl libtest-yaml-valid-perl libtext-aligner-perl
   libtext-autoformat-perl libtext-bidi-perl libtext-csv-encoded-perl
   libtext-csv-perl libtext-csv-xs-perl libtext-german-perl libtext-pdf-perl
   libtext-recordparser-perl libtext-reform-perl libtext-table-perl
   libtext-tabulardisplay-perl libtext-unidecode-perl
libtext-vfile-asdata-perl
   libtext-wrapper-perl libthai-data libthai0 libthrowable-perl libtidy5deb1
   libtie-ixhash-perl libtime-fake-perl libtype-tiny-perl
libtype-tiny-xs-perl
   libunbound8 libunicode-map-perl libuniversal-can-perl
libuniversal-isa-perl
   libuniversal-require-perl liburi-escape-xs-perl libuuid-perl
   libvariable-magic-perl libwebpmux3 libwebservice-ils-perl libwmf0.2-7
   libwrap0-dev libwww-csrf-perl libwww-form-urlencoded-perl
   libwww-form-urlencoded-xs-perl libwww-mechanize-perl libxaw7
libxcb-render0
   libxcb-shm0 libxml-dumper-perl libxml-filter-buffertext-perl
   libxml-libxml-perl libxml-libxslt-perl libxml-rss-perl
   libxml-sax-writer-perl libxml-simple-perl libxml-twig-perl
   libxml-writer-perl libxml-xpath-perl libxml-xpathengine-perl libxml2-dev
   libxml2-utils libxmu6 libxrender1 libxslt1-dev libxslt1.1 libxstring-perl
   libxt6 libyaml-perl libyaz-dev libyaz5 memcached nettle-dev pwgen
sgml-base
   sgml-data starman tcl tcl-dev tcl8.6 tcl8.6-dev x11-common xml-core
   xmlstarlet xsltproc yaz zlib1g-dev
Use 'apt autoremove' to remove them.
   rabbitmq-server
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B/15.1 MB of archives.
After this operation, 15.9 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Selecting previously unselected package rabbitmq-server.
(Reading database ... 69923 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../rabbitmq-server_3.8.9-3_all.deb ...
Unpacking rabbitmq-server (3.8.9-3) ...
Setting up rabbitmq-server (3.8.9-3) ...
Created symlink
/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/rabbitmq-server.service ->
/lib/systemd/system/rabbitmq-server.service.

Progress: [ 60%]
[##################################........................]

As you can see the process is stuck at 60%, then pauses for a while and
eventually shows the same output as before, moaning about some no
further defined "dpkg: error processing package rabbitmq-server":

Job for rabbitmq-server.service failed because the control process
exited with error code.
See "systemctl status rabbitmq-server.service" and "journalctl -xe" for
details.
invoke-rc.d: initscript rabbitmq-server, action "start" failed.
* rabbitmq-server.service - RabbitMQ Messaging Server
      Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/rabbitmq-server.service;
enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
      Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Thu
2022-08-04 16:31:04 CEST; 10ms ago
     Process: 425660 ExecStart=/usr/lib/rabbitmq/bin/rabbitmq-server
(code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
    Main PID: 425660 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
         CPU: 7.554s

Aug 04 16:31:04 bib-katalog.sintiundroma.de systemd[1]:
rabbitmq-server.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Aug 04 16:31:04 bib-katalog.sintiundroma.de systemd[1]: Failed to start
RabbitMQ Messaging Server.
Aug 04 16:31:04 bib-katalog.sintiundroma.de systemd[1]:
rabbitmq-server.service: Consumed 7.554s CPU time.
dpkg: error processing package rabbitmq-server (--configure):
  installed rabbitmq-server package post-installation script subprocess
returned error exit status 1
Processing triggers for man-db (2.9.4-2) ...
  rabbitmq-server
needrestart is being skipped since dpkg has failed

Best wishes: Michael