[Koha] Very, very beginner question: Sample MARC record

Eric Phetteplace ephetteplace at cca.edu
Sat Apr 30 07:58:54 NZST 2022

If you do not already know how MARC records work, I would not recommend
using the advanced editor, which it sounds like you are doing. Instead, use
the basic editor that labels fields with human-readable language instead of
numeric codes. Generally, it is best to use Z39.50 to copy an initial
record unless you are doing original cataloging, which again is a very hard
thing to do properly unless you have specific knowledge and training. My
guess is your use case is served entirely by copying records from z39.50
and you should not need to write MARC at all, but only edit item (not
bibliographic) record fields.

Best,

ERIC PHETTEPLACE Systems Librarian, Libraries (he/him)

ephetteplace at cca.edu | o 510.594.3660 (cca)

5212 Broadway | Oakland, CA | 94618

CCA is situated on the traditional unceded lands of the Ohlone peoples.

Black-owned bookstores in Oakland: Ashay by the Bay
<https://ashaybythebay.com/>, Marcus Books
<https://www.facebook.com/marcus.books/>