[Koha] Import in koha 21.05 all users from LDAP

Jon Witts jwitts at queenmargarets.com
Mon Sep 13 22:43:32 NZST 2021

Hi list,

This functionality is something that we would love to see added to Koha in
our school too.

We use LDAP and / or Google oAuth login for most of our systems to ensure
that usernames and passwords are consistent across our systems. We use
Moodle as our school's Virtual Learning Environment, and this system has
the ability to create / synchronise users from LDAP into the system.

I would love to be able to do this for our patrons in Koha too. We
self-check out modules that use a Mifare card to log the user in; the card
number is copied across from LDAP at user login to OPAC. This means that
before a user can use the self-check units they have to have first logged
into the OPAC. A user sync script with LDAP would remove this requirement...

Jon

Jon Witts
Director of Digital Strategy

On Sun, 12 Sept 2021 at 11:48, Katrin Fischer <katrin.fischer.83 at web.de>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as others have pointed out, there is no way to do this via LDAP in Koha
> at the moment.
>
> What you could do is maybe get a list of patron information from your AD
> to use with the patron import tool. You could regularly import the new
> patrons manually or automated via the available command line tools.
> There are also REST API endpoints for patron data that might be useful.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Katrin
>
> On 10.09.21 10:45, Tadas G wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > We have Koha 21.05 installed and configured to work with AD. Everything
> is
> > fine, users can login to Koha using AD credentials, but in Patron list
> they
> > appear only after successful authorisation. It is quite annoying, because
> > if you want to assign book to the reader, he/she has to be in patron
> list.
> > Is it possible to create Cron job to import users to patron list
> > automatically from AD (it is enough to import only a few fields, all
> other
> > fields can be updated after user login)?
> >
> > Thanks for the answers

 <http://queenmargarets.com/>
01904 727600 queenmargarets.com
<http://queenmargarets.com/>
Queen Margaret's, Escrick Park, York YO19 6EU

*Come and be inspired... * Let us arrange a personalised virtual tour
tailored to your requirements and chat to our Head and find out what a QM
education can offer your daughter. Visit
*queenmargarets.com/admissions/book-a-visit
<http://queenmargarets.com/admissions/book-a-visit>*, call 01904 727630 or
email admissions at queenmargarets.com <mailto:admissions at queenmargarets.com>
to find out more.

<https://www.goodschoolsguide.co.uk/schools/queen-margarets-york/BA324CF#tab_review>