[Koha] Import in koha 21.05 all users from LDAP

Javi Legido javi at legido.com
Fri Sep 10 20:52:40 NZST 2021

Hi there.

I'm not an expert on the subject, maybe others can reply, but this is the
classical behaviour of applications integrating with LDAP for
authentication (and sometimes also authorization): after first login the
application creates data in its database, in this example as "Patron".

No idea if there's anything out there, but a high level approach would be:

1. Create a test account in LDAP (Active Directory in your case)
2. Dump Koha database (one insert per line is useful)

mysqldump --extended-insert=FALSE my_koha_database -u root -psecret >
koha.sql

3. Perform first login with user created at step 1.
4. Repeat step 2:

mysqldump --extended-insert=FALSE my_koha_database -u root -psecret >
koha.after.sql

5. See differences

diff koha.sql koha_after.sql

Now you are very close to build the SQL statements to add a new Patron once
authenticated.

Cheers.

Javier