[Koha] adding unique field

Bruce A. Metcalf library at augustansociety.org
Tue Oct 26 16:21:59 NZDT 2021

On 10/25/21 8:05 AM, Mohamad F Barham wrote:

> I need 952$i to be unique field as barcode.

Is there some compelling reason you can't use 952$p for this, which is
what it's designated use is?

If you must use a different field, you might want to try selecting the
"barcode.pl" from the pull-down list of Plugins on the 952$i editing
page. Just be sure you do this for every Framework in use.

I will leave it to those more knowledgeable than I to explain why this
might be a bad idea. It may, for example, interfere with the barcode
number in field 952$p.

Regards,
/ Bruce /
Bruce A. Metcalf