[Koha] [EXTERNAL] Re: Reports timing out, prevents access to web interfaces

Bales (US), Tasha R tasha.r.bales at boeing.com
Tue Oct 12 14:52:21 NZDT 2021

Hi Cab, that is in fact helpful feedback.  I've taken queries that we've used for years with Millennium and Oracle, and am rewriting them for Koha and MySQL.  So far, MySQL does seem pickier.  I have tried using the "EXPLAIN" command to help identify inefficient queries, but it didn't really help.

One tactic we've tried in the past is to create views containing subsets of data that we need to frequently iterate over, to help decrease processing time.  Maybe that is an approach we could use here, but I am wary of trying to modify our database in any way.  Maybe a last resort.  Thanks again.

Tasha Bales
Enterprise Services
http://isesi.web.boeing.com/