[Koha] Reports timing out, prevents access to web interfaces

Cab Vinton bibliwho at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 23:49:01 NZDT 2021

I don't have any particularly helpful advice to offer, unfortunately,
but I can confirm from personal experience that certain queries can
indeed bring your system to a crawl. I don't think there's a solution
to this unless there's a way to firewall report queries from the rest
of Koha, or to automatically throttle misbehaving processes.

In my case, I'd copied & pasted a report from the wiki, but a change
in Koha's database structure since the report's creation led to, well,
very bad results.

I think your best bet is to take a really close look at the report to
see if there are ways to achieve the same results more efficiently. In
our case, this means seeking help from folks who are far more
experienced with SQL than we are.

Best of luck!

Cab Vinton, Director
Plaistow Public Library