[Koha] Koha API - Authentication Failure

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Tue May 18 01:43:03 NZST 2021

Does the user (owner of the id/secret pair) have privileged access to Koha?
Remember it needs to have permissions to enter the staff interface (the
'catalogue' permission) in order to access routes (other than those in the
/api/v1/public namespace).

BTW: All routes also have some required permissions you should take a look
at. Specific ones.

Kind regards

El lun, 17 may 2021 a las 9:40, Aswin Unnikrishnan (<aswinunni01 at gmail.com>)
escribió:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to build an app that uses the koha API, and so i was testing it
> out, but I keep getting "Authentication Failure" error whichever end point
> I try to access.
> The steps i did are
>
> 1. Got the client_id / secret from koha
> 2. Sent a POST request to api/v1/oauth/token with required parameters and
> got  an "access_token" returned
> 3. Added the token to my authorization header with header-prefix "Bearer"
> 4. Sent a GET request to different end points, but getting the same 401
> Unauthorized error code with error : Authentication failure
>
> However if i access one of the public end points like
> /api/v1/biblios/{biblio_id} i can get a response
>
> If anyone has any idea why this is happening, please  let me know.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Aswin

Tomás Cohen Arazi
Theke Solutions (http://theke.io)