[Koha] Koha 20.11 - RabbitMQ and lock_dir

Jonathan Druart jonathan.druart at bugs.koha-community.org
Mon Mar 15 21:48:47 NZDT 2021

Hello Tom,

- Which error do you have on the about page? Did you create the
directory? Are the permissions correct?
Did you restart memcached?

- About RabbitMQ, it's not mandatory so far, there is a fallback to
run the jobs when they are "enqueued".
In 20.05 it's only used for the batch record modification tool, but it
will be used for other background jobs in the upcoming versions.
Its main goal is to avoid the different problems we have with the way
we fork background jobs in the current implementation (see 22417
related bug reports) and have them executed by a worker script.
To have RabbitMQ works it should be as easy as
    rabbitmq-plugins enable rabbitmq_stomp
    service rabbitmq-server restart

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Regards,
Jonathan