[Koha] New items not showing

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 02:34:56 NZDT 2021

What Koha version are you using and what install method?

When you use Debian packages, you are provided with a script (koha-indexer)
that can be used to start/stop the incremental indexing of any changes on
the DB, without the need of a full reindex.
Also, the fact you are used to manually run rebuild_zebra.pl (instead of,
again, the management scripts the packages provide like koha-rebuild-zebra)
with the --run-as-root flag, makes me suspect running with --run-as-root is
generating a permissions issue on the Zebra index files, and maybe that's
why the incremental indexer is failing, as it is running as the instance's
user.

Hope it clarifies
Keep us posted

El vie, 5 mar 2021 a las 10:23, Scott Owen (<sowen at almaschools.net>)
escribió:

> ..until I do a DB repair/rebuild.
> Items are added, lookups done at LOC etc...everything seems OK...
> but...the items never "show up" in Koha...ie: users search for the items,
> but get no results until I run a rebuild/repair
>
> I'm unsure of where to even start looking?
>

> export PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib/
> export KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/sites/<My_Site>/koha-conf.xml
> perl /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b -r -v
> -run-as-root

Tomás Cohen Arazi
Theke Solutions (http://theke.io)
✆ +54 9351 3513384