[Koha] Keyword search (2)

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Wed Jun 30 07:21:37 NZST 2021

Hi

In our library we are using an unchanged Zebra configuration as coming
with Koha 20.11.00.

The keyword search is described in
https://koha-community.org/manual/20.11/en/html/searching.html#basic-searching

There it says: "When a single word is entered, a keyword search is
performed. You can check this out by typing one word into the form and
note the number of results located. Then, repeat the search with a minor
change. In front of the search word, type ‘kw=’ followed by the same
search term. The results will be identical."

This is NOT TRUE. Instead there is quite a difference.

Search for: life
* 821 results

Search for: kw=life
* 788 results