[Koha] Upgrade OS - Ubuntu 18.04 to 20.04

Isabel Pineda isabel.pineda at ds.edu.sv
Sat Jun 26 08:51:54 NZST 2021

Hi.

One of these days I will have to upgrade the OS. Currently I am running Koha on a VPS with Ubuntu 18.04.
I would like to ask the community for your experience: Is it advisable to upgrade the OS on the existing server (following the instructions here: https://ubuntu.com/blog/how-to-upgrade-from-ubuntu-18-04-lts-to-20-04-lts-today)? Or will there be problems with the Koha installation? Maybe it is better to install Koha on a new server with a new OS version and then migrate the database from the old server to the new one? Apart from Koha (and the software required by Koha) there are only a few more programs installed on the server (Certbot, Postfix, vsftpd and the firewall).

Can you tell me how you did it and if you were facing any difficulties?

Thank you very much
Isabel Pineda