[Koha] [koha]Batch modify items stuck at 0%

muiru james muirunyeri at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 05:26:58 NZST 2021

Hello,

Our server running koha 20.05 on ubuntu focal fossa cannot batch modify
items. After scanning the barcodes n clicking the continue button, it
returns the items details but after setting the date last seen and saving
the changes, the progress bar remains stuck at 0%. I have tried to use the
inventory module and upload the same list of barcodes and this time it
returns the error below:

...... Mysql server has gone away at /usr/share/koha/lib/koha/object.pm
line 166

There was a blackout and the server shutdown. On power resumption, it could
not boot and got stuck at initramfs. I googled a solution (fsck /dev/sda1
-y). It fixed some errors and returned that some files have been modified
and fixed the boot issue. Since then, the batch items modification and the
inventory issues arose.

We are in the middle of our annual stock taking. Any help towards resolving
this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Warm Regards
James