[Koha] Error 500 when calling "import_borrowers.pl"

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Wed Jun 23 04:14:33 NZST 2021

Hi Himanshu

 > image.png
 > This is the error i am getting when I click on import Patrons module.
 > Koha version is 21.05. this is the reason I asked.

Error 500 is a very unspecific HTTP message that can have many different
reasons. You will have to search for the reason in the log files.

However, this error has nothing to do with the (meanwhile solved)
problem described in my posting "[Koha] Reoccurring DBMS auto increment
issue".

Just for your information: I just checked in my own demo installation (
http://koha.adminkuhn.ch:8080 ) which uses Koha 21.05 - it also gives me
Error 500 when clicking Koha menu "Tools > Import patrons". In my case
log file "plack-error.log" shows the following:

Could not compile
/usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/tools/import_borrowers.pl: Can't locate
Data/Printer.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Data::Printer
module) (@INC contains: /usr/share/koha/lib /usr/share/koha/installer
/usr/share/koha/lib/installer /etc/perl
/usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.24.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.24.1
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.24 /usr/share/perl5
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.24 /usr/share/perl/5.24
/usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base
/var/lib/koha/sandkasten/plugins) at
/usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Patrons/Import.pm line 352.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Patrons/Import.pm line 352.
Compilation failed in require at
/usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/tools/import_borrowers.pl line 50.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/tools/import_borrowers.pl line 50.

Maybe this is just a new bug you found.

Best wishes: Michael