[Koha] Auto renewal not working

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Wed Jan 20 22:01:33 NZDT 2021

Hi Katrin

On 16 January I have changed "No automatic renewal after" from no value
to value 3 and checked out another book. But still the automatic renewal
does not work.

As we see in table "issues" the value in column "auto_renew" is "1". The
value in column "auto_renew_error" changed from NULL to "auto_too_soon"
after the checkout day, then after 3 days to "auto_too_late". Why "too
late"? What is too late here? However, no auto renewal was performed.

In the staff client we can see the checkout of the user - but it says "0
Can no longer be auto-renewed - number of checkout days exceeded (5 of 5
renewals remaining)".

System preference "RenewalLog" is set to "Log" but no renewal actions
were logged.

Why is this (not) happening? Is this maybe a bug that I should report?

Best wishes: Michael