[Koha] Importing Item Types from Excel Spreadsheet

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Sun Jan 17 01:36:56 NZDT 2021

Hi Charles

Katrin wrote:

 > the export is provided by the tools we use for presenting data in
 > tables. Import is a different matter. For some data there are existing
 > tool, but itemtypes can only be imported using SQL at the moment.

Maybe the content of file "sample_itemtypes.sql" (which imports some
sample item types during the initial configuration of Koha) will be of
some help to you when creating your own SQL file:

INSERT INTO itemtypes (itemtype, description, rentalcharge, notforloan,
imageurl, summary) VALUES
('BK', 'Books',0,0,'bridge/book.gif',''),
('MX', 'Mixed Materials',5,0,'bridge/kit.gif',''),
('CF', 'Computer Files',5,0,'bridge/computer_file.gif',''),
('MP', 'Maps',5,0,'bridge/map.gif',''),
('VM', 'Visual Materials',5,1,'bridge/dvd.gif',''),
('MU', 'Music',5,0,'bridge/sound.gif',''),
('CR', 'Continuing Resources',5,0,'bridge/periodical.gif',''),
('REF', 'Reference',0,1,'bridge/reference.gif','');

Best wishes: Michael