[Koha] Local Use Only item type in Koha

Michael Adamyk madamyk at ckls.org
Tue Jan 12 06:55:48 NZDT 2021

Hi Katrin, thanks for your reply. We do currently have several item types
set up sort of like that: they have specific circ rules that should prevent
holds from any library, or from any library other than the home library.
https://pasteboard.co/JJaZzPd7.png

The downside is that anyone with permission to override any kind of hold
restrictions can override these circ rules. Now that I'm writing it, I'm
almost positive there is no way to do this, but... it would be handy if
there were a way to place hard limits on holds for some items. I'd love to
have a "Local Use Only" item type with hold limits that couldn't be
overruled by a librarian.