[Koha] Status of ElasticSearch - 2021 version

Tom Hanstra hanstra at nd.edu
Tue Feb 23 08:47:38 NZDT 2021

Last year I checked in on the status of ElasticSearch with Koha and got the
distinct impression that it was still quite a work in progress.

Almost a year has passed and I'm not sure if much has changed. As late as
October, 2020, I see messages suggesting "Stay with Zebra for now".  But I
also see some messages about sites who claim to have successfully moved to
ElasticSearch. It is just unclear if they are using it for everything or if
there is some hybrid of using both in place.

The Wiki is of little help. Along with being completely Debian-centric (I'm
not using Debian), it is a couple of versions behind. So, again, signs that
ElasticSearch is still not mainstream.

So, who actually uses ElasticSearch in production at this point?  I'm
interested in doing so if it can speed things up as well as work fully with
both Authorities and Bibs. But if it is still not there, I can continue
with Zebra.

Thanks,
Tom

--