[Koha] Two problems with cover images: rotation and scaling

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Fri Feb 12 00:20:44 NZDT 2021

>   1.  When uploading a local cover image which is in portrait mode (i.e. width is smaller than height), KOHA will display this image in the catalogue rotated 90°, i.e. in landscape mode

In my experience when this happens in other (non-Koha) situations, the
explanation is in the photo's EXIF data:
https://www.howtogeek.com/254830/why-your-photos-dont-always-appear-correctly-rotated/

Koha isn't designed to read EXIF orientation data. If the photo was
created in landscape mode and it's the data which tells your photo
viewer that it should be displayed in portrait mode, Koha doesn't know
it.

I don't know if this has any relevance to your situation but I thought
it might help. I've never seen Koha incorrectly rotate a cover image.

 -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries