[Koha] Publication date (yyyy-yyyy) advanced search option not working in my Koha instance

Cindy Murdock Ames cmurdock at ccfls.org
Wed Feb 10 05:49:44 NZDT 2021

Hi Katrin,

Thanks for the response.  To answer your questions:

-- Are you using Zebra or Elasticsearch?

Zebra, version 2.0.59

-- Is 008 pos. 7-10 cataloged correctly for the records in question?

I think so?  Here's a couple samples:
  @ 110102s2020 nyua 000 0 eng d
@ 180420s2019 nyua j 000 1 eng d

-- Can you share how the search link looks like that does work vs. the one
that doesn't?

If I do a "yr,st-year" search via keyword search (which works):
https://circ.ccfls.org/cgi-bin/koha/catalogue/search.pl?advsearch=1&idx=kw&q=yr%2Cst-year%3A2019-2020&sort_by=relevance

If I search from the "Publication date (yyyy-yyyy)" search:
https://circ.ccfls.org/cgi-bin/koha/catalogue/search.pl?advsearch=1&idx=yr%2Cst-year&q=2019-2020&sort_by=relevance

>From Bywater's Koha demo using Publication date (yyyy-yyyy):
https://intranet.bywatersolutions.com/cgi-bin/koha/catalogue/search.pl?advsearch=1&idx=yr%2Cst-year&q=2011-2012&op=and&idx=kw&op=and&idx=kw&sort_by=relevance

(I used a different date range because there was only one result for
2019-2020 in the demo system.)

Thanks much,
Cindy