[Koha] Search does not work

Katrin Fischer katrin.fischer.83 at web.de
Mon Feb 1 06:09:58 NZDT 2021

Hi Inês,

the indexing process looks for the biblionumber of your records in a
specific field and the error points to it not finding it in the field it
expected it. UNIMARC and MARC21 use different fields for this, so one
reason can be a configuration mismatch.

So this is the first thing I would check:

Your Koha installation and your indexing configuration both need to be
set to UNIMARC.

For the installation this is set by the MARC flavor in the web
installer. As you could catalog your records without issues, I expect
that to be set correctly. You can also check the marcflavour system
preference to make sure.

for the index configuration it's set when the instance is created. It
defaults to MARC21, so needs to be changed to UNIMARC explicitly.
Possibly the best way to check this is having a look at your
koha-conf.xml file. If there is a lot MARC21 listed there, it might be
the source of the issue you are seeing.

Another thing to check in Koha: Go to the Koha-to-MARC-Mappins and look
up what field biblio.biblionumber is mapped to.

Hope this helps,

Katrin