[Koha] CKJ and Other Non-Roman Searching

Charles Kelley cmkelleymls at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 13:15:18 NZST 2020

Hi, all!

    My library has an extensive catalog in CJK, Russian, and a few other
languages that write in non-Roman writing systems.

    We can import such records into Koha and export the records from Koha.
Provided we make sure the applications (BBEdit, EndNote, Excel, Word, to
name a few), browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari, etc.), OSs (Linux, Mac
OS, and Windows) can handle UTF-8, all is well -- for importing and
exporting. But getting Koha to search CJK has been fruitless, and we are
terribly frustrated.

    How does one get Koha to search CJK and Arabic, Cyrillic, Hebrew, and
other non-Roman writing systems for that matter)?

    Koha 20.05 running on Debian 9.4 "Stretch".

    Many thanks.

--

    気を付けて。 /ki wo tukete/ = Take care.

    -- Charles.

    Charles Kelley, MLS
    PSC 704 Box 1029
    APO AP 96338

    Charles Kelley
    Tsukimino 1-Chome 5-2
    Tsukimino Gaadenia #210
    Yamato-shi, Kanagawa-ken
    〒242-0002 JAPAN

    +1-301-741-7122 [US cell]
    +81-80-4356-2178 [JPN cell]

    mnogojazyk at aol.com [h]
    cmkelleymls at gmail.com [p]

    linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls <http://www.linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls>
    Meeting Your Information Needs. Virtually.