[Koha] Username and Password Missing after Logoff and Shutdown?

Charles Kelley cmkelleymls at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 16:03:19 NZDT 2020

Hello, all!

    Earlier today, I changed a small number of records to my library's
catalog. I changed both authority records and bibliographic records. Then I
logged out and ran the updates and upgrades (#sudo apt update) and (#sudo
apt upgrade) on our Linux box. Finally, I shut down the Linux box.

    A few hours later, I rebooted the Linux box. Koha solicited me for my
username and password, the ones in koha-conf.xml. I found them in
/etc/koha/sites/LIBRARY/koha-conf.xml. I have typed them multiple times,
only to be rebuffed every time.

    What did I do wrong? How can we reset the username and password?

    Fortunately, I have cloned a backup right before I began working on the
most recent changes, so I have lost only a few hours of work. I'll have to
reenter the changes I made, but to paraphrase an old aphorism, "If you live
by technology, you die by technology."

--

    気を付けて。 /ki wo tukete/ = Take care.

    -- Charles.

    Charles Kelley, MLS
    PSC 704 Box 1029
    APO AP 96338

    Charles Kelley
    Tsukimino 1-Chome 5-2
    Tsukimino Gaadenia #210
    Yamato-shi, Kanagawa-ken
    〒242-0002 JAPAN

    +1-301-741-7122 [US cell]
    +81-80-4356-2178 [JPN cell]

    mnogojazyk at aol.com [h]
    cmkelleymls at gmail.com [p]

    linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls <http://www.linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls>
    Meeting Your Information Needs. Virtually.